Pair of dining chairs, 1908
Mahogany, burr elm veneer, Macassar ebony
Probably made by Peter Waals at the Daneway
House workshop in Gloucestershire, England
h. 99 cm - w. 48,2 cm - d. 42 cm
PROVENANCE : Commissioned by Mr. Frank Leslie to complete his square table at Tewit Croft, his house in Harrogate, Yorkshire - Thence by descent until 2017.
NOTE : The original drawing for these chairs is dated 31st December 1908 and signed by Gimson. It is owned by the Cheltenham Museum and Art Gallery. One of the chairs was photographed by Dennis Moss in 1908 when it was being completed inn the workshop. The original picture is in the collection of Leicester Museums.
COLLECTION : British private collection